A last minute decision... Surgery right now...

Monday, January 17, 2011

I met our Surgeon, Dr Chui this morning for a discussion on the probability of surgery.

And everything just kind of moved really fast. We did a blood test to check her platelets and it was 56. Not exactly high but we barely made the cut for surgery - above 50.

Her ANC (immunity) fell by half instead of going up! So from a minimal of 1, her ANC dropped back to barely 0.6!!! It sucks big time for me because that would mean her healing process with be lengthen and the risk of infection is much higher...

Anyhow, everything was set up within an hour... And she was wheeled into the Operating Theatre at 2pm...

I haven had much time to process... Functioning on auto mode now... But I'm just glad that we are finally taking her tumor out...

Please pray for a fast and smooth recovery for my Char...

The battle continues...

Love,
cyn mommy

0 comments:

 
Feisty Princess Charmaine. Design by Pocket