Completed day 2 of radiation smoothly!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

We went KK yesterday morning for a finger prick and her neutrophils are still zero! This is definitely one tough chemo combi. Nonetheless, her platelets and Hb are acceptable and she is in get usual feisty and chirpy mood. And I couldn't be happier!

She took more than an hr before she fell asleep yesterday for RT. Of course, Dr was about to call it quits and reschedule for GA. Thankfully, I explained to Char if she doesn't stop chatting and tries to sleep, we will have to set a plug in her hand for next 2 weeks! She understood and made herself fall asleep! Today was even better! She just fell asleep within 30 mins of sedation!

Her appetite is not at her best which is expected but she will have occasional bouts of hunger which I'm glad. And on days where we have no inpatient, we are usually cycling at our roof top garden! Yes, this princess will not take no for an answer! I'm still the paranoid mom worrying abt her knee but at the same time, I don't wish to deprive her of getting her fun. She always shouts: "I'm having so much fun and I don't want to go home yet!" whenever I ask if we can call it a day. Good thing it's always quite empty and quiet so I don't have to fear abt germs and bugs and yet the kids can have their little bit of sunlight!

We are doing okay and that's the most important!

Char's hair has started to fall off at an exponential rate but when asked if she wanted to shave, she said no. I'm respecting her decision and so far, she is definitely coping it very well like a matured lady. She sees her hair everywhere in the house and even laughs abt it occasionally. I hope that it wouldn't bother her too much when eventually everything falls off.

We have another 8 more sessions of radiation at SGH and we will prob start the second cycle of chemo soon thereafter. In the meantime, I'm praying that her neutrophils return to above 1 very soon and nk infections whatsoever!

With love and hope,
cyn mommy

1 comments:

Jessie said...

Hi Cyn Mommy,

Charmaine is such a great child that it makes my heart ache for all that she has to go through. I pray that your prayer will realize and this entire nightmare will be over as soon as possible!

I have been following your blog since last year. I am a mother and going through a difficult period too. Whenever I feel depressed and lost, I will think about your experience and draw strength from it. Although you are younger than me, I have learnt so much about maternal love, courage, persistence, optimism, etc. from you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us, I pray that this ordeal will soon be over and you can resume normal life with your little ones, Amen!

 
Feisty Princess Charmaine. Design by Pocket